Wayne in the movie "Chisum" (1970)
Actor, director, producer
May 26, 1907
June 11, 1979(aged 72)
Marion Mitchell Morrison (born Marion Robert Morrison; May 26, 1907 – June 11, 1979), better known by his stage name John Wayne, was an American film actor, director and producer. An Academy Award-winner, Wayne was among the top box office draws for three decades, and was named the all-time top money-making star. An enduring American icon, he epitomized rugged masculinity and is famous for his demeanor, including his calm voice with its distinctive drawl, walk, and height.
- "Hello, This is John Wayne."
- "This is John Wayne."
- "What's going on?"
- "I went to USC."
- "Adams, Danny Adams."
- "I don't even know your name."
- "See ya later."
- "I'll catch up with you."
- "I'll be back. I promise."
- "Last night a man sneaked into the chuck wagon. He went in to take some sugar."
- "I got a job for ya. I want ya to swing over to Chuvisco. Pick up a kid named Billy Hyatt and bring him out to the old mission."
- "Did anyone ever take down your britches and tan you?"
- "Take down your pants."
- "Are you gonna take down your pants, or do I have to do it for ya?"
- "Thank you, I'm looking for a Pierre Cordona. He's staying here."
- "Pierre Cordona."
- "Cord McNally. Todd Jackson. But when it comes right down to it, don't matter to me."
- "Now did you come here to give me a message or just to pass the time of day?"
- "I mean to kill you in one minute, or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience!"
- "Blue Tom, we've gt your friend Ketchum here. And there's a sawed-off shotgun with the triggers tied back right behind him!"
- "What's your name?"
- "What is your name?"
- "What's your answer?"
- "Jacob McCandles."
- "Where's your brother?"
- "Are you the big chief, or one of the little Indians?"
- "Goddammit, Quincy! Where's your brother?"
- "Now the last time I asked you that question you said "no," and you said it in a loud and clear voice."
- "When's the last time you saw Ned Pepper?"
- "We're goin' to Missouri!"
- "Mexicans. Indians, maybe."
- "Why you yella' bellied chicken livered.."
- "Somebody oughta' belt you in the mouth!"
- "I haven't lost my temper in 40 years!"
- John Wayne calls his Worst Nightmare
- John Wayne calls Four Winds Casino
- John Wayne calls for a Cab
- John Wayne calls the Stilwell Grandma
- John Wayne checks up on the Stilwell Grandma