Actor, body builder, politician
Arnold Schwarzenegger is an Austrian-American actor, body builder, and politician. He has acted in many movies including The Terminator, Kindergarten Cop, and Batman & Robin. He also served as the Governor of California. His soundboards are the most popular on the Internet. The other four most popular soundboards are of Joe Pesci, Al Pacino, Jack Black and Dr. Phil.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is, in fact, the original soundboard, with the first such soundboards appearing in late 1999 to early 2000 and using clips of dialogue from his then still-ongoing film career. Though the soundboards, their content, and quality of calls was crude by today's standards, at the time, the concept was highly innovative. Over time, the volume and content of Arnold Schwarzenegger soundboards would expand, as would the number of other celebrities who would receive their own soundboards.
Much of his core, original soundboard material drew from Kindergarten Cop. Many of those original lines are still utilized. From the onset, a formula was followed: the caller identified himself via the soundboard as "Detective John Kimble" after asking "How are you?" and optionally greeting the potential victim with "Good morning." Following this, the general formula would dictate using the notorious "I wanna ask you etc." snippet, followed by either an assertion "John Kimble" was legitimately law enforcement, or immediately asking what is likely Schhwarzenegger's trademark line from his entire filmography in "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?" The large remainder of initial soundboards were more abrasive and hostile responses. An early example of a repeated target was computer manufacturer, Gateway, having been one of the very first recipients of an "Arnold Prank," with others later following suit.
As his popularity and potential as a soundboard continually grew and Schwarzenegger himself turned his focus to politics, the soundboard community adapted so far as to incorporate audio clips of Arnold as the Governor of California into various soundboards. In spite of his world renown, there remain many people who fail to recognize Schwarzenegger's voice as a soundboard, and more than a decade later, "Arnold pranks" remain highly popular and fun to watch, even in an era where more focus is given to Victim Soundboards and producing new ones.
In around mid-2011, Arnold Schwarzenegger was exposed for having an affair with his maid, which produced a son. Some people called by an Arnold Schwarzengger soundboard will comment on his scandal, usually in a put-down manner. Since his scandal has affected his publicity, Arnold prank calls may contain victims that are aware that Arnold had an affair, that is if they recognize his voice.
DouglasQuaid618 April 2012 Incident
Later that day he was featured in two local news channels, ABC Channel Five and ABC Albuquerque, where it was reported that he, as Arnold, had conference-called three police operators together on one line and was undergoing a subsequent investigation by the local police as a result of this after calling 242-COPS (242-2677, non-emergency Police number) numerous times.
It was later confirmed that a special investigation had been opened by the police to track Douglas Quaid 618 down. The Albuquerque Police Department's technology division managed to trace the prank calls to a location in Albuquerque, New Mexico. However, officers dispatched to this location found no trace of Douglas Quaid 618, it being revealed that they had obtained a false address instead.
Douglas Quaid 618 has so far not been traced.
The repercussions from this incident to the prank call community, and the usage of the Arnold soundboard, are unknown as of yet.
[Transcript of Douglas Quaid 618's ill-fated call, released by the Albuquerque police]
- Dispatcher: Hello, sir? Are you in need of the Albuquerque police?
- Caller: Yeah.
- Dispatcher: OK, what's going on?
- Caller: I don't know.
- Dispatcher: What do you mean what's going on? You need police?
- Caller: People are trying to kill me! Yes!
- Dispatcher: We have Arnold Schwarzenegger on the line.
- Dispatcher: Yeah. People are trying to kill me. It's a line running from a movie.
- Caller: Yeah, that's right, what's the matter?
- Caller: Who is your daddy and what does he do?
- Dispatcher: Uh, sir, this is the police department, I'm not here to socialize with you.
- Caller: Why not?
- Dispatcher: If you need the police, if you need the police I need to know what you need.
- Caller: Arnold Schwarzenegger!
- "Howdy, stranger. This is Hauser."
- "Good morning!"
- "How are you?"
- "I'm Detective John Kimble!"
- "Hey, I'm a police officer."
- "I'm a cop, you idiot!"
- "You idiot!"
- "Stop whining!"
- "C'mon, don't bullshit me."
- "First, I would like to just get to know you."
- "Now, I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions, and I want them answered immediately."
- "Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"
- "What's your real name?"
- "Hello, cutie pie!"
- "One of us is in deep trouble."
- "Yes, I would like to have a room please"
- "What's in the two week package?"
- "You lack discipline!"
- "Is a pump better than cumming?"
Schwarzenegger has indicated on his Facebook page that he is aware of the existence of soundboards utilizing his voice.